Calendar of Events
LIWA GENDER MAINSTREAMING AND AUDIT WORKSHOP
Posted on 30 April, 2019 by Linda Mc'Odongo
LIWA Gender mainstreaming and audit workshop was organized by LIWA Programme trust on 11th April 2019 under NUFFIC funding to review how current practices in institutional gender mainstreaming and audit apply to gender equitable access and inclusiveness. The workshop identified possible remedies and gaps that can promote linkages and enhance the quality and relevance of education.
WORKSHOP AIM AND OBJECTIVES
The main objective of the workshop was to identify possible gaps and remedies that can promote linkages and enhance the quality and relevance of education.
Objectives of the workshop were as follows:
1. Review how current institutional practices apply gender equality and gender mainstreaming.
2. Identify possible gender equitable access and inclusiveness gaps.
3. Propose guidelines for promoting gender equality in equity policies and activities of the staff and student management.
4. Propose additional measures for promoting gender equality in the policies and activities of the staff and students management.
WORKSHOP EXPECTED OUTCOMES
1. Enhanced capacity of participants to identify gender inequalities and the measures to address the inequalities.
2. Sharing of best practices on gender mainstreaming at a policy level.