No announcements yet
Calendar of Events
INDUSTRY-ACADEMIA LINKAGES TO DELIVER WORK READY GRADUATES.
Posted on 27 November, 2019 by liwa programme trust
Linking Industry with Academia (LIWA), and The State Department for Post Training and Skills Development have taken a bold step in triggering the discussions around the status of Linkages in Kenya. Driven by the need to identify, establish and strengthen the existing linkages between the Industries and Academia, LIWA Programme Trust wish to formally invite you to participate at our one day “Fostering Industry- Academia Linkages” Conference, on 5th December, 2019 at KICD, Nairobi Starting from 8:00 am.
The conference is organized and co-hosted by LIWA and the State Department for Post Training and Skills Development, the Ministry of Education. The Conference will bring together over 250 local, regional and international participants from TVETs, Universities, Private Sector, Government and Development Partners to discuss current practices, challenges and potential Policies affecting partnerships to foster better understanding of the crucial role linkages play in socio - economic development. The main focus of this Conference will be to understand how academic institutions in Kenya are responding to industry and community needs at large, and identify ways in which the relevance of education being imparted at these institutions can be enhanced to produce industry ready graduates.
The theme of the conference will be “Strengthening Linkages and Deepening the Role of the Private Sector” as this has been the missing link between Industry–Academia partnerships development.
The main conference objectives are to:
- Generate institutional and private sector ideas for anchoring policy frameworks which address pertinent and emerging issues in fostering successful Industry-Academia linkages;
- Showcase recent and authoritative research findings on partnership relevant to strengthening linkages and deepening the role of Private Sector;
- Explore potential policy strategies that can address some of the challenges Industry-academic linkages face.
It is against this background that the conference will attain the following outcomes:
- Policy insights for enhancing Linkages relevant to Industry- Academia partnerships;
- Strategic partnerships and networks amongst policy makers, scholars, private sector and key development partners ; and
- Resolutions on Industry- Academia Private Sector led institutional framework.
We look forward for your active participation at the “Industry- Academia 2019 Linkages conference.”
Prof. Ddembe Willeese Williams
Chief Executive Officer & Chairman
LIWA Programme Trust